Installation and Quick-Start Guides
Explainers’ custom-designed visual work instructions can be used as installation and quick-start guides. Product illustrations allow users to see what the end product looks like and what steps they need to get started.
Stryker, a global company, needed the setup guides they include with their products available in sixteen languages, making translation costs high.
- We eliminated the need for translating steps by creating a quick-start assembly guide that uses illustrations to clearly explain.
- Stryker drastically reduced translation costs and the associated costs related to managing, printing and updating the multiple files.
Pro Co introduced new technology with their Momentum sound system and experienced an excessive amount of calls from first-time business clients regarding setup of the system.
We developed a quick-reference sheet that guides a novice installer through the setup steps of this complicated system.
- Service calls were reduced.
- Customer satisfaction increased.
Calls for Assistance Minimized with Quick-Reference Installation Guides
Jensen needed to reduce product returns on their radios due to poor installation from do-it-yourselfers to retail technicians.
We accommodated a range of end-user competence and experience levels by creating a visual installation guide.
- Technicians could glance at the wiring diagram to verify proper installations.
- Do-it-yourselfers could use the product illustrations as well as the step-by-step instructions to make all the connections.
This approach reduced product returns and improved relations with retail dealers.
Numbers of Returns Reduced with Product Illustrations
Besser, an ISO 9000-certified company and custom builder of concrete product machinery, needed instructional manuals for their clients that were specifically tailored to their machines.
We developed the installation, parts, maintenance and operation manuals that Besser provided to their clients to operate and maintain their machines safely.
Custom Instructional Manuals for Concrete Product Machinery
Eaton needed to train the technicians and the sales force in the operation of their Mobile Diagnostics 200 Scan Tool on a limited budget.
We developed a computer-based tutorial that walked users through the tool’s functions and capabilities using simulations and instruction.
- The CBT met the needs of both audiences.
- The CBT was more effective than reading alone.